Thursday 18 October 2007

titles and words



I passed this graphic in a shop window in the back streets of Shoreditch the other day. I've since discovered it is the title of a straight talking introduction to the world of being a professional designer. The thing that upset me at the time was not the rude word, so much as the wording. I'd have much prefered

ALL DESIGNERS ARE WANKERS

(so that it sounded like a classical syllogism; eg like the famous ALL CRETANS ARE LIARS)

call me old fashioned

:J

ps it looks like quite a good book though

1 comment:

RebeccaWho said...

I bought that book because of the rude word. Expecting it to be quite contentious. It was a good book, but disappointingly, It wasnt that contentious.

I run a series of debates (www.thecircuitseries.com) and Lee came down to talk at one named after the book....this debate turned out to be one of my most controversial, well attended and interesting debates!